Last month I went to Japan. That is one of the best holiday trips I ever been, I totally enjoy the culture, the people, and the atmosphere. First of all, when I decided to go to japan I kinda not sure if I should go because everybody around me says it is gonna cost a lot !! “you can go to another country 2 -3 times with the same cost!” bold word right there lol, since they know all my trip always a budget trip...
But since Japan is one of my must visit country, and I rarely have someone to accompany me so I decided will go to Japan when my friend invites me!
here is my total cost for the preparation:
- Preparing Visa ( It is free from my country because of diplomatic relations)
- Plan Ticket $350 ( I am using ANA , its round trip Indonesia-Japan, ANA always do a promo ticket all around the world to increase to tourist in Japan, check it out on your country!)
- JR Pass $279 ( This is Ticket Pass can make you take a train to all across Japan ! )
- Disneyland and USS 1 day pass $140
- Airbnb for 8Night $300 ( I stay at Osaka – Dotonburi, Kyoto, Tokyo-Shibuya )
- WiFi for 9 Day $54 ($6 / day)
So it cost me about $1100 to make the preparation. And it cost me $600 to eat for 9 Days. So in total I spent $1700. Quite good I think, when I research everybody always above that price tag. And I also manage to buy a little souviner 🙂 , Do you think it is expensive ?
Here is some picture that I manage to took :
This is the first thing that I eat in Japan, Ichiran Ramen Cost about ¥890, I am quite sure you will not full with this one bowl, order the ¥1000 menu, and you can get free refill !
Tokyo at night, it is very crowded but very enjoyable !
Raw Scallops with Sea Urchin, ¥500 , I cant eat this one…. urghhh…
Tamagoyaki in Tsukiji Fish Market, This tamagoyaki video is everywhere in youtube, and it is cheap only ¥100 ! must try !
Tsukiji fish market Mochi with different fillings, ¥300 / each, This mochi is very good ! It’s melting in my mouth!
This is the Sushi Chain belt that I talk about, It only cost ¥100 for each plate here, mostly 2 sushi in 1 plate. And it is very fresh !!
And no way you go to japan without visiting temple/shrine.. here is Fushimi Inari Shrine ( fox shrine ?) It is quite overwhelming, Most of the people when arrive here gonna try to rinse their hand, and rinse their mouth with the water. Of course, I also try it! lol
Here is the street in Osaka!
It is very memorable trip for me, if I can I will visit japan again later ! but next time I will not make the same mistake that I made on this trip ! Here are my personal tips :
- Don’t buy JR Pass if you only visit a few cities !! like me only visit Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo but spend $279 for the JR pass, If I buy it separately it can cost less ! If u plan to travel and visit so many countrysides in japan then it is worth to buy JR Pass.
- Book Hakone (Mt.Fuji area) Bus ticket first before your arrive in Japan! I don’t know I must book it first, I try to buy it on the spot in the same day, and it’s full! No hope for me, that is why my mount Fuji Picture is not good enough.
- Spend more time in Osaka. I love Osaka more than Tokyo, so does my friends.. the food there is more delicious ! and the city is smaller than Tokyo, so we don’t waste so much time to move from one place to another.
- Bring your best shoes ! The most comfortable and padded one! I rarely walk, I always drive using motorcycle/cars, so when in japan so I am kinda shocked, we walk about 10-15 miles each day. Gladly I use sneaker so it is very comfortable, but my friends is not.
That’s all , for this random post and blog..